Monday, March 12, 2012

BG: Gingham Pattern

I had been experimenting new things these past few weeks. One of them is making patterns on Photoshop instead of manually doing it. What I will be sharing is the first of the few that I created with the use of patterns. I soon realized that I have so much to learn about the program. So I am back to researching.

This type of pattern is called Gingham. According to Wikipedia:

Gingham is a medium-weight balanced plain-woven fabric made from dyed cotton or cotton-blend yarn.

The name originates from an adjective in the Malay language, genggang, meaning striped. Some sources say that the name came into English via Dutch. When originally imported into Europe in the 17th century it was a striped fabric, though now it is distinguished by its checkered pattern. From the mid 18th century, when it was being produced in the mills of Manchester, England, it started to be woven into checked or plaid patterns (often blue and white). Checked gingham became more common over time, though striped gingham was still available in the late Victorian period.
So, let me share to you this first set of Gingham background images. These are the basic patterns that I learned.  In the following days, I will be sharing how I come up with a bit complicated patterns.

If you would like to get these pack, just simply like us on Facebook and follow on Twitter!

Like us on Facebook!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment