Friday, November 18, 2022

Flat Floral Letter M




My husband gave me an early Christmas gift and I am happy to say that I am back to making digital art. What I really like are digital calligraphy and flat art. I am not a pro and I just consider myself a hobbyist. Today, as my little one was sleeping, I decided to make a floral letter and since his second name is Matti and of which we are used to calling him, I decided to make the letter M.

Floral letter was one of the things that I really wanted to make before but I sold my old iPad to my niece during the pandemic because I have no time to create art while taking care of my little one. But now that he is two years old already and the husband gave me a new iPad Air, I think I can get back to this hobby.

It requires familiarization with the application again, I had a hard time looking for certain things, especially the text option on Procreate. I know I will be able to familiarize myself soon with daily practice.

I started with the letter M, I used Futura font here, bold and I just made the letter bigger until I was satisfied with its size. I immediately added some flowers, these were just simple five-petal pink flowers.

Then I just randomly added ferns, it was all random, I just made sure that these petals stay within the letter borders. As for the color, I was using a palette by Teela who is a Youtuber and I am also following her tutorials with flat florals, in this day and age, online tutorials are a great help in improving our hobbies, we learned from them for free!

I added leaves in this part here, there were three colors of leaves that I added behind the flower layers. It actually looked nice already but I know I have to add more details.

There's this neighbor who has a flowering plant with red petals looking like a Christmas tree, I tried adding that here for color variation. It's colored red so its strong hue pops in the image.

Lastly, I had to fill in some of the gaps, I just used a white color for the tiny leaf sticks.

I turned the letter M layer off and this was the result! It works well with other colors but I choose a darker background color for the florals to stand out.

My little one is a boy so this won't get printed, but as usual, I am giving this art piece for free to those who like it.

Download and use it for free just follow me on Facebook and Youtube!

This is the timelapse of the art:



Please don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow me on Instagram too! I also have set up my YouTube channel already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment