Sunday, June 7, 2020

Digital Lettering: Day 7 of #30daysofbiblelettering Challenge

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant” 

1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Oftentimes, this verse is used by those who are in love. Love is patient and kind. Two aspects that are really easy to say but most of the times, it is hard to do. 

What does being patient and being kind mean?

I for one had my own struggles with being patient and being kind. Patience in this generation where almost everything is at the tip of our fingers, ordering online, social media posting, uploading videos, even to the point of phone calls, we want everything instant. I want an instant fame, instant delivery, instant in every way. This is definitely a trap. God had commanded us to be patient. Our attitude while waiting should be aligned to what God wants us to be.

Of being kind, I have my own lapses too in terms of being kind. One is the words that I say, the actions that I don't do and yes, it is unkind to not do the things that we ought to do. 

If we are not being patient and being kind, it means we are not loving. Love is indeed a hard thing to do. So, next time, before we say I love you, remember that it also means being kind and patient with our loved ones.

Thanks a lot for reading this. I made a phone wallpaper version for this piece. Here's a timelapse:


Please don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow me on Instagram too! I also have set up my YouTube channel already.

Instagram: jbfwritings

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment